Free Spiritual Sermons and Articles

We have sermons and articles here from Universal Life Church ministers and other great thinkers on the internet. Please enjoy the articles, lessons and sermons from our Online Seminary.

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Universal Life Church

By Scott Phillips
In Him By Him Through Him
Don't play in the sand when it is wet

This morning I noticed that my boys had written out new years resolutions. I had missed them before and I was looking at them.

There were a few funny things like, "Don't annoy my brothers." That I could see someone had forgotten. One that really struck me funny was Nate's, my five year old tow headed boy. It made me laugh out loud and wonder, "Where did that come from?"

Don't play in the sand when it is wet.

In the mind of a five year old this was a great commitment I am sure. There are some things that seem very important at the time, but as time passes, the significance is lost. There are things that you face right now that seem so pressing, however as time passes the significance and urgency will not be understood.

As I walked out of the door, today I was thinking and praying, "Lord help me to appreciate fully what you are and have been doing." It is easy to let the immediate muffle out the sound of miracles that surround you. Nate, is such a sweet boy. He is easy to love, his vibrant smile and high pitched laugh just makes you want to hug him.

He was out yesterday hunting for frogs. Here is a picture of the one he caught.

Don't let the wet sand incident weigh to heavy on you. Enjoy the little things and remember you have in your life now things that were once a prayer request.

Just my thoughts....


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the , is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.


 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment