Free Spiritual Sermons and Articles

We have sermons and articles here from Universal Life Church ministers and other great thinkers on the internet. Please enjoy the articles, lessons and sermons from our Online Seminary.

Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Universal Life Church

The Scapegoat
By Rev. Faith P. Hannah

The Scapegoat (noun) means somebody made to take the blame or wrongly blamed.

Today 3 May 05; I went to a military meeting with a General and other officers pertaining to an inspection I did on my unit and another unit. Let me give you some history on the inspection. About two weeks ago I was doing an inspection in a military game and I found a great deal of items that needed to be looked into and changed. I found some outdated actions and found that our unit was not playing with other units the way they should. Throughout the inspection I would check back with the Chief inspector before I did anything about what I found. The Chief Inspector would tell me what to do and told me to press on with what I was doing. Then on the day that all the inspectors bring their findings to the table I received a shocker. I was told that all my findings were dismissed because the units I inspected was not playing the game properly. Then I was told that I inspected the unit wrong and I became the scapegoat that was placed on the plate for the unit to look at. Never once did I tell anyone that the Chief Inspector gave me the right away to inspect the different units and to write up my findings.



Wrongly blamed for others I became very bitter and lost my self esteem. I continued to talk to myself over and over and tried to tell myself that I should dismiss everything that took place. I spoke to God about how he would not give me a promotion and then I would remember that God gave me many promotions in the past. I told myself that my parents did not want me and how my life was a disgrace. I also told myself that I could not preach or be a minister for God because my life literally sucked. Then I would remember that God has been good to me and blessed me over and over. I have been become my own self inject poison tongue viper. Then, I read my favorite quote on the wall of my office:



Be joyful always;

Pray continually;

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God?s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Do not put out the Spirit?s fire;

Do not treat prophecies with contempt.

Test everything. Hold on to the good

Avoid every kind of evil


1 Thessalonians 5 V16-22



Never let others use you as a scapegoat but if they do, remember that God has your back and you must never let anyone steal your joy. ?For this is the day that the Lord has made and I will be glad and rejoice in it?. Amen and may God receive the Glory.


Now, the burden has been lifted and my joy has returned.


Rev. Faith P. Hannah
Community Readiness Consultant
Peterson AFB, Family Support

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the , is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.


 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment